Installing the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect
When installing the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect, follow these guidelines:
• Prepare the site as described in the
• Plan your site configuration and prepare the site before installing the chassis.
• Record the information listed in
• Ensure that there is adequate space around the chassis to allow for servicing and for adequate airflow
• Ensure that the air conditioning meets the heat dissipation requirements listed in
• Ensure that the chassis is adequately grounded. If the chassis is not mounted in a grounded rack, we
• Ensure that the site power meets the power requirements listed in
• Ensure that circuits are sized according to local and national codes. For North America, the power supply
• Use the following screw torques (listed in Newton-metres) when installing the chassis:
Before beginning the installation, ensure that the following items are ready:
Maintenance Records, on page
configure the fabric interconnect.
Technical Specifications, on page
on page 67
Jumper power cords are available for use in a cabinet. See
Cords, on page
recommend connecting both the system ground on the chassis and the power supply ground to an earth
If available, you can use an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect against power failures.
Avoid UPS types that use ferroresonant technology. These UPS types can become unstable with systems
such as the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect, which can have substantial current draw
fluctuations because of fluctuating data traffic patterns.
requires a 15-A or 20-A circuit.
To prevent loss of input power, ensure the total maximum loads on the circuits supplying power to the
fabric interconnect are within the current ratings for the wiring and breakers.
• Captive screws: 4 in-lb (0.45 N m)
• M3 screws: 4 in-lb (0.45 N m)
• M4 screws: 12 in-lb (1.36 N m)
• 10-32 screws: 20 in-lb (2.26 N m)
• 12-24 screws: 30 in-lb (3.39 N m)
Cisco UCS Site Preparation
81, lists the recommended site planning tasks.
Site Planning and Maintenance Records, on page
67, lists airflow requirements).
Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect Hardware Installation Guide
Site Planning and
81, as you install and
Cabinet Jumper Power
Technical Specifications, on page 67