Upgrading from a Cisco UCS 6248 UP Fabric Interconnect to a Cisco UCS 6296 UP Fabric Interconnect
Configuration file - Ok
Enter the show cluster extended-state command to revalidate the cluster state and verify that HA is ready.
FI-A# show cluster extended-state
Cluster Id: 0x537d0580bf9911e0-0x8955000decd07984
A: UP, PRIMARY
B: UP, SUBORDINATE
A: memb state UP, lead state PRIMARY, mgmt services state: UP
B: memb state UP, lead state SUBORDINATE, mgmt services state: UP
heartbeat state PRIMARY_OK
INTERNAL NETWORK INTERFACES:
Detailed state of the device selected for HA storage:
Chassis 1, serial: FOX1344G1R1, state: active
Chassis 2, serial: FOX1318GDKR, state: active
Disable fabric evacuation and verify that traffic is flowing in both fabric interconnects.
Apply the port license to the fabric interconnect.
Upgrading from a Cisco UCS 6248 UP Fabric Interconnect to a Cisco UCS 6296
UP Fabric Interconnect
Follow these steps to migrate from a Cisco UCS 6248 UP fabric interconnect to a Cisco UCS 6296 UP fabric
Before you begin
• Ensure that the Cisco UCS 6248 UP fabric interconnect and the Cisco UCS 6296 UP fabric interconnect
• Make a detailed record of the cabling between FEXes and fabric interconnects. You must preserve the
• As a best practice, perform a Full State backup and All Configuration backup before performing the
• From Cisco UCS Manager, execute the show tech support command and save the output to a file.
• Verify that failover is enabled on all the vNICs and vHBAs as necessary.
• Look at all the critical Cisco UCS Manager faults and ensure that they are expected. Correct the faults
Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect Hardware Installation Guide
9 19:57:15 UTC 2016
<<<<<<<<<<<<<←---------------- HA is READY
are running the same version of firmware and UCS Manager system software.
physical port mapping to maintain the server pinning already configured and to minimize downtime.
upgrade. For information about these types of backups and detailed instructions on how to perform them
from Cisco UCS Manager, see the
if needed. Be prepared to compare the list of faults the any faults that are present following the migration.
They should be the same as before the migration.
Installing the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect
Backup and Restore
section in the
Cisco UCS Manager Administration