5.1 Engineering software
The SIZER configuration tool provides an easy-to-use means of configuring the SINAMICS
and MICROMASTER 4 drive families, as well as the SINUMERIK solution line CNC control
and SIMOTION Motion Control system. It provides support when setting up the technologies
involved in the hardware and firmware components required for a drive task. SIZER supports
the configuration of the complete drive system, from simple individual drives to complex
SIZER supports all of the engineering steps in a workflow:
• Selection of the power supply
• Motor design as a result of load configuring
• Calculation of the drive components
• Compiling the required accessories
• Selection of the line-side and motor-side power options
When SIZER was being designed, particular importance was placed on a high degree of
usability and a universal, function-based approach to the drive application. The extensive
user navigation makes it easy to use the tool. Status information keeps you continually
informed about how engineering is progressing.
The SIZER user interface is available in German and English. The drive configuration is
saved in a project. In the project, the components and functions used are displayed in
a hierarchical tree structure. The project view permits the configuration of drive systems
and the copying/inserting/modifying of drives already configured.
The configuration process produces the following results:
• A parts list of the components required
• Technical data
• Comments on system reaction
• Location diagram and dimension drawings
These results are displayed in a results tree and can be reused for documentation purposes.
User support is provided by technological online help, which provides the following
• Detailed technical data
• Information about the drive systems and their components
• Decision-making criteria for the selection of components.
Configuration Manual, (PFK7S), Edition 12.2006, 6SN1197-0AD16-0BP1
Synchronous Motors 1FK7