RF300 system planning
4.6 EMC Directives
Shielding for the cables
• Shield the data cables and connect the shield at both ends.
• Shield the analog cables and connect the shield at one end, e.g. on the drive unit.
• Always apply large-area connections between the cable shields and the shielding bus at
• Feed the connected shield through to the module without interruption.
• Use braided shields, not foil shields.
Line and signal filter
• Use only line filters with metal housings
• Connect the filter housing to the cabinet chassis using a large-area low-HF-impedance
• Never fix the filter housing to a painted surface.
• Fix the filter at the control cabinet inlet or in the direction of the source.
the cabinet inlet and make the contact with clamps.
System Manual, Release 04/2006, J31069 D0166-U001-A2-7618