Keep the air conditioner pipe outlet and inlet free from its surroundings.
In case of breakdown, keep the symmetry and fix it to prevent vibration.
The pipe length shall meet the standard as far as possible.
4-5. Installation of air conditioner
4-5-1. Precautions for installation
1. The outlet and inlet of air conditioner should be not obstructed or
2. Maintain the level, and fix the air conditioner without shaking.
3. Connect the pipe within standard length.
4. Do not install the place in which is corrosive gas such like the sulphuric
acid gas, sulfur gas, and ammonia gas. (The copper pipe and soldering
part can be corroded, and this may occur the leakage of refrigerant.)
4-5-2. Installing order and method
1. Selection of installation place
G Select a place that cooling effect is good, electric work is easy, and
there is a low noise by the wind and vibration.
2. Fixing the indoor unit and outdoor unit
3. Processing and connecting of drainpipe
G Cut the drainpipe by use of a pipe cutter in a straight. And be sure to
remove the burr after cutting.
G Pipe expanding should be worked without folds, the unevenness of
thickness, and tears,
G Use a torque wrench when connecting the drainpipe or flare nut.
ø6.35mm ø9.52mm ø12.70mm ø15.88mm ø19.05mm
(kgf . cm)
- 75 -