CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Your Nokia 30 GSM Connectivity Terminal is a product of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated
with care. The suggestions below will help you to fulfil any warranty obligations and to enjoy this product for many
• Keep it and all its parts and accessories out of the reach of small children.
• Keep it dry. Precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or moisture can contain minerals that will corrode
• Do not use or store it in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts can be damaged.
• Do not store it in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic devices, damage batteries, and
warp or melt certain plastics.
• Do not store it in cold areas. When the terminal warms up (to its normal temperature), moisture can form
inside, which may damage electronic circuit boards.
• Do not attempt to open it. Non-expert handling may damage it.
• Do not drop, knock or shake it. Rough handling can break internal circuit boards.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the terminal.
• Do not paint the terminal. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper operation.
• Use only the supplied or an approved replacement antenna. Unauthorised antennas, modifications or
attachments could damage the terminal and may violate regulations governing radio devices.
• When dismounting the terminal from the cradle first disconnect the power supply from the terminal.
• Do not install, move or remove the SIM card if the power supply is connected to an AC wall outlet.
All of the above suggestions apply equally to your terminal or any accessory. If any of them is not working properly,
take it to your nearest qualified service facility. The personnel there will assist you and, if necessary, arrange for
Copyright ©2002 Nokia. All rights reserved.