Caring for your glide racks
Handle oven racks only when they are cool. After cooking
racks will be very hot and can cause burns.
Remove all oven racks before starting a self
clean cycle. If oven racks are left inside the oven during a
cleaning cycle, the slide ability of the glide rack may be
damaged and the racks will lose their finish.
Anytime the gliding is rough, the glide rack tracks
should be treated with graphite lubrication.
Do not use cooking oil, cooking spray, or other oil-based
lubrication products on the glide rack extension tracks.
Use only the graphite lubrication in this area. To order
graphite lubrication, contact your installer, servicer or
To lubricate the glide rack:
1. Remove the rack from the oven and place the rack on a
large flat surface covered with newspaper or scrap
cloth. Fully extend the rack.
2. Wipe away debris and crumbs from the glide track using
a cloth or sponge.
3. Shake graphite lubrication very well before applying.
Place four drops of graphite lubrication along the tracks
(see area circled on figure below). Repeat on both sides
of the glide rack.
CARE AND CLEANING
Extend and return the glide rack several times along the
tracks to distribute the lubrication
5. Turn glide rack over. Shake graphite lubrication very
well before applying. Place four drops of graphite lubri-
cation along the tracks. Repeat on both sides of the
6. Extend and return the glide rack several times along the
tracks to distribute the lubrication.
7. Apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the outer frame of the
glide rack as shown below. Keeping the frame sides
lightly lubricated allows the entire rack to slide easily
when changing rack positions.
8. Replace rack in oven right side up.