INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
Clean the Glass Lid, Inner Pot, Paddle, Steaming Tray (model 4731 only) and Measuring
Cup according to the user maintenance instructions.
USING YOUR MULTI-USE RICE COOKER
1. Make sure appliance is unplugged.
2. Measure raw rice for desired amount with the Measuring Cup (180 ml) provided.
3. One cup of the uncooked rice will make about two cups of cooked rice. Maximum of
7 cups (1.2 L) uncooked rice for model 4728. Maximum of 10 cups (1.8 L) uncooked
rice for models 4729 and 4731. Maximum of 12 cups (2.2 L) uncooked rice for model
4730. Add rice to Inner Pot.
4. By using the Measuring Cup, add proper amount of water to the rice inside the Inner
Pot (for every cup [180 ml] of raw rice, add 1-1/4 cups of water). For sticker rice,
add slightly more water. For fluffier rice, use slightly less water.
5. Set the Inner Pot into the Rice Cooker. Make sure that the Inner Pot sits directly in
contact with the heating plate by turning it slightly from right to left until it is seated
properly. Cover with Lid. DO NOT OPERATE THIS APPLIANCE UNCOVERED.
STEAM IS GENERATED DURING USE.
6. Plug the Power Cord into an electrical outlet. Activate the Rice Cooker on by pushing
down the On-Switch Button down. Make sure the Cook Light (red) is on.
7. After 15 minutes mix the rice. Lift and remove the Lid carefully to avoid scalding and
allow water to drip into the Inner Pot. Use the Paddle or another long handheld utensil
to scoop and mix the rice. After mixing, cover the Inner Pot with the Lid.
8. When your rice is cooked, the Rice Cooker will automatically switch to the warm
function and the Keep Warm Light (yellow) will turn on. The Rice Cooker will keep
the rice warm until the unit is disconnected from the wall outlet.
9. The Rice Cooker will automatically keep rice warm at 140°F – 175°F (60°C – 80°C).
10. When the rice temperature dips below this range, the yellow Keep Warm Light will
turn off and the red Cook Light will turn on indicating that the heat preservation
process has begun. When the rice temperature reaches 140°F, the Keep Warm
Light (yellow) will once again turn on and the Cook Light (red) will turn off.
11. Allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning.
Disconnect the plug from the wall outlet when not in use.