Adjusting the focus
You can adjust the focus manually for
different recording conditions.
Use this function in the following cases.
– To record a subject behind a window covered
– To record horizontal stripes.
– To record a subject with little contrast
between the subject and its background.
– When you want to focus on a subject in the
– To record a stationary subject using a tripod.
During recording or standby,
press the FOCUS AUTO/MAN
button B to set the focus to
Turn the focus ring A to adjust
9 changes to
cannot be adjusted any farther, and
when the focus cannot be
adjusted any closer.
To adjust automatically
Press the FOCUS AUTO/MAN button B
to set the focus to automatic.
9 disappears and the automatic focus
adjustment is restored.
• The focal length information (the distance at
which the subject is in focus; for when it is dark
and hard to adjust the focus) appears for about 3
seconds in the following cases.
– When you press the FOCUS AUTO/MAN
button B to set the focus to manual and 9
appears on the LCD screen.
– When you rotate the focus ring A while 9
• You can switch the focal length information
between meters and feet ([FOCUS DISPLAY],
Using the focus magnifier
The selected area on the LCD screen is
magnified and displayed. It is easier to
confirm the focus setting during manual
[FOCUS MAGNIFIER] is assigned to the
ASSIGN5/FOCUS MAG button (p. 58).
when the focus