• When recording with a setting other than DV, the aspect ratio is fixed to 16:9. When recording in DV
mode, you can switch the aspect ratio to 4:3 ([
• For details about changing the screen display during recording, see page 63.
• For details about screen display during recording, see page 13.
• The recording lamps can be set to stay off ([REC LAMP], p. 91).
Continuous recording on the memory cards (Relay recording)
Insert memory cards each in both slots A and B, so the camcorder switches memory card A (or
B) just before space on the other one runs out, and continues recording on the next memory
Do the following setting before recording.
Press MENU t select
[RELAY REC] with the V/v/B/b/SET button.
• Do not eject the memory card that is currently being used for recording. When replacing a memory card
while recording, replace only the one in the slot whose access lamp is off.
• Even if you press the SLOT SEL button, while recording movies, you cannot switch the slot currently
• When the remaining recording time of the memory card being used is less than 1 minute and the other slot
has a recordable memory card inserted, [
The indicator turns off when the memory card is switched.
• If you start recording on a memory card with the remaining recording time of less than 1 minute, the
camcorder may not be able to relay-record. To relay-record without failing, make sure that the memory
card has more than 1 minute when you start recording.
• Seamless playback of relay-recorded movies with this camcorder is not possible.
• You can re-combine relay-recorded movies using the "Catalyst Browse" application software.
• The maximum recording time using relay recording is 13 hours. Recording stops automatically when the
maximum recording time elapses.
(REC/OUT SET) t [REC SET] t [SIMUL/RELAY REC] t
Exchange the recordable memory card
WIDE REC], p. 80).
] or [
] appears on the camcorder screen.