Maintenance and precautions (Continued)
On image data compatibility
• Image data files recorded on a memory card by
your camcorder conform to the "Design rule for
Camera File system" universal standard
established by the JEITA (Japan Electronics and
Information Technology Industries
• If you cannot use the memory card that has been
used with another device, format it with your
camcorder (p. 70). Note that formatting erases
all information on the memory card.
• You may not be able to play back images with
– When playing back image data modified on
– When playing back image data recorded with
About "Memory Stick" media
Types of "Memory Stick" media
"Memory Stick Duo"
"Memory Stick PRO Duo"
"Memory Stick PRO-HG
• This product supports parallel data transfer.
However, the transfer speed may differ,
depending on the type of media you use.
• This product cannot record or play data that uses
"MagicGate" technology. "MagicGate" is a
copyright protection technology that records and
transfers the contents in an encrypted format.
About the "InfoLITHIUM"
Your camcorder operates only with an
"InfoLITHIUM" L series battery pack of a
large capacity, such as NP-F770 or NP-
F970 (sold separately). "InfoLITHIUM" L
series battery packs have the
What is an "InfoLITHIUM" battery
An "InfoLITHIUM" battery pack is a
lithium-ion battery pack that has functions
for communicating information related to
operating conditions between your
camcorder and a supplied AC Adaptor.
The "InfoLITHIUM" battery pack displays
the remaining battery time in % according
to the operating situations of your
To use the battery pack effectively
• Battery pack performance decreases when the
ambient temperature is 10 °C (50 °F) or below,
and the length of time you can use the battery
pack becomes shorter. In that case, do one of the
following to use the battery pack for a longer
– Put the battery pack in a pocket to warm it up,
• Make sure to turn off the camcorder when you
are not recording or playing back. The battery
pack is also consumed when your camcorder is
in recording standby or playback pause.
• Have spare battery packs ready for 2 or 3 times
the expected recording time, and make trial
recordings before making the actual recording.
• Do not expose the battery pack to water. The
battery pack is not water resistant.
About the remaining battery indicator
• Check the level with the following indicators
and % displayed on the LCD screen.
and install it in your camcorder right before
you start taking shots.