4.3.16 Opening the Cap/Moving the Wiper Unit
This section explains how to open the cap and ink supply valve manualy.
To move the carriage whth the power off, you need to release the carriage lock pin and cap manually.
1. Opening the Cap/Releasing the Carriage Lock Pin
1) Remove the right circle cover, mist filter. Refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > points to Note on Disassembly and Reassembly > External Cover.
2) Turn the gear of the purge unit in the direction of the arrow from the hole of the right cover. The cap and lock pin move down, allowing you to
move the carriage.
2. Moving the Wiper Unit
1) Open the top cover, and then remove the roll feed unit, output guide, right circle cover, right upper cover, operation panel, mist filter, exhaust filter, right cover,
right front cover, cover guide, cover plate(right). Refer to DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > points to Note on Disassembly and Reassembly > External Cover.
2) To move the wiper unit, turn the gear of the purge unit in the direction of the arrow.