→ Narrow the table calculation range by changing the Start, End, and
Step values, and try again.
Before Assuming Malfunction of the
Note that you should make separate copies of important data before
performing these steps.
1. Check the calculation expression to make sure that it does not contain
2. Make sure that you are using the correct mode for the type of
calculation you are trying to perform.
3. If the above steps do not correct your problem, press the key.
• This will cause the calculator to perform a routine that checks
whether calculation functions are operating correctly. If the calculator
discovers any abnormality, it automatically initializes the calculation
mode and clears memory contents.
4. Return the calculation mode and setup (except for the Contrast setting)
to their initial default settings by performing the following operation:
Replacing the Battery
A low battery is indicated by a dim display, even if contrast is adjusted, or
by failure of ﬁgures to appear on the display immediately after you turn on
the calculator. If this happens, replace the battery with a new one.
Important: Removing the battery will cause all of the calculator's memory
contents to be deleted.
1. Press (OFF) to turn off the
• To ensure that you do not
accidentally turn on power while
replacing the battery, slide the
hard case onto the front of the
2. As shown in the illustration, remove
the cover, remove the battery, and
then load a new battery with its plus
(+) and minus (−) ends facing
3. Replace the cover.
4. Initialize the calculator: (RESET)(Initialize All)(Yes).
• Do not skip the above step!
Calculation Range and Precision
Number of Digits for
±1 × 10
to ±9.999999999 × 10