About this Manual
• Unless speciﬁcally stated, all sample operations in this manual assume
that the calculator is in its initial default setup. Use the procedure under
"Initializing the Calculator" to return the calculator to its initial default
• The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.
• The displays and illustrations (such as key markings) shown in this User's
Guide are for illustrative purposes only, and may differ somewhat from
the actual items they represent.
• Company and product names used in this manual may be registered
trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
Initializing the Calculator
Perform the following procedure when you want to initialize the calculator
and return the calculation mode and setup (except for the Contrast setting)
to their initial default settings. Note that this operation also clears all data
currently in calculator memory.
• Keep batteries out of the reach of small children.
• Use only the type of battery speciﬁed for this calculator in this manual.
• Even if the calculator is operating normally, replace the battery at least
once every three years (LR44), two years (R03 (UM-4)), or one year
(LR03 (AM4)). A dead battery can leak, causing damage to and
malfunction of the calculator. Never leave a dead battery in the
calculator. Do not try using the calculator while the battery is completely
• The battery that comes with the calculator discharges slightly during
shipment and storage. Because of this, it may require replacement
sooner than the normal expected battery life.
• Avoid use and storage of the calculator in areas subjected to
temperature extremes, and large amounts of humidity and dust.
• Do not subject the calculator to excessive impact, pressure, or bending.
• Never try to take the calculator apart.
• Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the exterior of the calculator.
• Whenever discarding the calculator or batteries, be sure to do so in
accordance with the laws and regulations in your particular area.