Calculating Estimated Values
Based on the regression formula obtained by paired-variable statistical
calculation, the estimated value of y can be calculated for a given x-value.
The corresponding x-value (two values, x
regression) also can be calculated for a value of y in the regression formula.
Ex 4: To determine the estimate value for y when x = 160 in the regression
formula produced by logarithmic regression of the data in Ex 3. Specify Fix
3 for the result. (Perform the following operation after completing the
operations in Ex 3.)
Important: Regression coefﬁcient, correlation coefﬁcient, and estimated
value calculations can take considerable time when there are a large
number of data items.
Creating a Number Table
The Table Mode generates a number table based on one or two functions.
Example: To generate a number table for the functions =
for the range -1 ≦ ≦ 1, incremented in steps of 0.5
1. Press , select the Table Mode icon, and then press .
2. Conﬁgure settings to generate a number table from two functions.
5. Press . On the Table Range dialog box that appears, input values for
Start (Default: 1), End (Default: 5), and Step (Default: 1).
6. Press to generate the number table.
• Press to return to the screen in
• In the number table shown in step 6, you can change the value in the
currently highlighted x cell. Changing the x value causes the f(x) and g(x)
values in the same line to be updated accordingly.
, in the case of quadratic