General Care & Cleaning
Storage Drawer with extensible glides
To remove Warmer Drawer:
1. Open the drawer to the fully opened position.
2. Locate the latches on both sides of the warmer drawer. (See Fig. 1)
3. Pull up on the left glide latch and push down on the right glide latch. (See Fig. 1)
4. Pull the drawer away from the range.
5. To clean warmer drawer, gently scour with a soapy scouring pad, this will
remove most spots. Rinse with a 1:1 solution of clear water and ammonia. If
necessary, cover difficult spots with an ammonia-soaked paper towel for 30 to
40 minutes. Rinse with clean water and a damp cloth. Remove all cleaners or
the porcelain may become damaged during future heating. DO NOT use spray
oven cleaners on the cooktop.
To Replace Warmer Drawer:
1. Align the glide latches on both sides of the drawer with the slots on the drawer.
2. Push the drawer back into the range.
Changing the Surface Light
Be sure all surface element control knobs are turned off and elements
Use switch located on or underneath the control panel to turn the surface light ON/OFF.
Replace the surface light, if after repeated attempts to turn it on you are not successful.
To remove and replace the fluorescent light:
1. Place your fingers under the tube located underneath and in the middle of the control
2. To remove, turn the tube 90° then pull it down and out of its sockets.
3. To replace the tube, engage the new tube into the sockets, then rotate and snap the
tube in place. Turn on the surface light to make sure it will lit.
On some models an interior oven light will turn on automatically when the oven door is opened.
The oven light may be turned on when the door is closed by using the oven light switch located
on or underneath the control panel.
On a self clean oven the lamp is covered with a glass shield held in place by a wire holder.
THIS GLASS SHIELD MUST BE IN PLACE WHENEVER THE OVEN IS IN USE.
To replace the light bulb:
BE SURE OVEN IS COOL.
1. Turn the power off at the main source.
2. Wear a leather-faced glove for protection against possible broken glass.
3. Replace bulb with a 40 watt appliance bulb only.
4. For self-cleaning oven, press wire holder to one side to release glass shield, change bulb
and be sure to replace glass shield.
Storage Drawer (some models)
Use the storage drawer for storing cooking utensils. The drawer can de removed to fa-
cilitate cleaning under the range. Use care when handling the drawer.
Removing and Replacing Storage Drawer
To remove the drawer:
1. Pull empty drawer out to the roller guide stop.
2. Tilt the drawer up and pull it out over the rollers.
To replace the drawer:
1. Insert the rear end of the drawer into the opening.
2. Fit the drawer end rollers onto the guide rails.
3. Push the drawer in until it stops, then lift to allow the rollers to clear the roller
guide stop, and push in.
Pull up latch
Pull down latch
turn the oven light on dur-
ing the self-cleaning cycle.
High temperature will re-
duce lamp life.