SpeechMike Classic Barcode Installation and User Manual
8. On the following screen, the only option selected should be Specify a location, and
the path of the Windows\inf subfolder should be displayed in the field. If necessary,
uncheck all other options and click Next.
9. Windows will now start looking for the necessary files; click Next.
Note: The required files from the Windows 98 SE CD can be found in the
Setup/Win98 subdirectory, browse to this directory and click OK.
10. After the first part of the installation has been completed successfully, click Finish.
11. Repeat steps 6–10 until all four SpeechMike Classic Barcode components are
installed correctly .
Note: A user must have administrator rights to install the program under Windows 2000
or Windows XP. Contact your system administrator if you need help.
Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP:
The SpeechMike Classic Barcode software is delivered on a CD. When you insert the
SpeechMike CD into your CD-ROM drive, autorun.exe is started. Select Install to begin
the installation. If this program is not run when you insert the SpeechMike CD, start
setup manually by doing the following:
1. Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
2. Double-click the CD-ROM drive icon; you will be shown the contents of the CD.
3. Start the program autorun.exe by double-clicking it and select Install.
Windows 98 SE:
The software has already been installed as part of the hardware installation described