SpeechMike Classic Barcode Installation and User Manual
• IBM-compatible PC
• USB port
• Minimum of 32 MB RAM recommended
• Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Windows XP
Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows XP:
1. Turn on your computer and plug the SpeechMike Classic Barcode into the USB port.
2. The New Hardware Found message will be displayed shortly on your screen.
Note: If this message does not appear, verify whether the USB port is enabled in the
BIOS of your system. See your hardware documentation for details or contact your
3. Installation will proceed automatically.
Windows 98 SE:
Note: The Windows 98 Second Edition CD contains the USB drivers for the microphone
and loudspeaker only. The drivers for the LED display and dictation buttons must be
installed from the SpeechMike CD before connecting the hardware.
1. Turn on your computer and insert the SpeechMike CD without plugging the
SpeechMike Classic Barcode into the USB port.
2. Autorun.exe will start. If this program is not run when you insert the SpeechMike CD,
start setup manually by doing the following:
• Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
• Double-click the CD-ROM drive icon; you will be shown the contents of the CD.
• Start the program autorun.exe by double-clicking it.
3. Click Install to begin installation. When you are prompted to select the components
you wish to install, select the Control application, the SpeechMike recorder and
the SpeechMike driver. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the software
4. Remove the SpeechMike CD and insert your Windows 98 SE CD.
5. Plug the SpeechMike Classic Barcode into the USB port. Windows will find a total of
four new devices.
6. When the Add New Hardware Wizard starts, click Next.
7. On the next screen, make sure that Search for the best driver for your device.
(Recommended) is selected. Then click Next.