SpeechMike Pro Barcode Reader Installation and User Manual
• IBM-compatible PC
• Minimum of 32 MB RAM recommended
• Sound Blaster or compatible sound card
• SPK OUT connector that supports passive speakers
• Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0 or Windows XP
Follow these steps when installing the SpeechMike Pro hardware:
1. To avoid possible damage to your computer system during installation, shut down the
computer and turn your system off.
2. Connect the 3.5 mm audio cable plug
IN (microphone in) jack and the
length of the cable is not sufficient, please use a standard extension cable (3.5 mm,
shielded, stereo, male-female).
3. Disconnect the keyboard from the computer and connect the keyboard plug of the
SpeechMike to the keyboard socket of your computer. Connect the plug of your
keyboard to the SpeechMike keyboard adapter.
4.Connect the serial cable of the trackball microphone to your COM1 or COM2 serial
port – usually located at the back of your computer. The COM2 port should only be
used if another device is attached to COM1.
Now you can continue with the software installation.
Note: A user must have administrator rights to install the program under Windows NT,
Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Contact your system administrator if you need help
(gray) to a Sound Blaster or compatible MIC
cable plug (black) to the SPK OUT jack. If the
SPK OUT (speaker out, black) –
MIC IN (gray) – Sound card