2.1 Installation Instructions
The AP650 Access Point mounts either on a wall with wide-shoulder screws or on a suspended ceiling T-bar. This
unit is not designed for mounting on a desk.
To prepare for installation, perform the following steps:
1. Match the model number on the purchase order with the model numbers in the packing list and on the
case of the device shipped.
2. Verify the contents of the box include the intended AP650 Access Point and that the included hardware
matches the package contents on page 5.
3. Review site survey and network analysis reports to determine the location and mounting position for the
AP650 Access Point.
4. Connect a CAT-5 or better Ethernet cable to a compatible 802.3af power source and run the cable to the
installation site. Ensure that there is sufficient slack on the cable to perform the installation steps.
Before installing an AP650 model Access Point, verify the following:
• Motorola recommends not to install the AP650 in wet or dusty areas.
• Verify the environment has a continuous temperature range between 0° C to 50° C.
802.11a/b/g/n single radio integrated antenna configuration
802.11a/b/g/n dual radio integrated antenna configuration
802.11a/b/g/n single radio external antenna configuration
802.11a/b/g/n dual radio external antenna configuration
In the above part numbers
specifies which country the model is designed for. A country code of
"WW" represents a world wide model.
When operating in a Gigabit Ethernet environment CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable
is required for Gigabit operation.
represents the 2-digit country code which