33502002GB.fm Page 77 Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:54 AM
HOW TO OPERATE THE REFRIGERATOR
Starting the appliance up
Starting up the appliance
Depending on the model, the appliance has either external or internal controls.
Plug in the appliance.
For appliances with external controls:
• The light, positioned either below the control panel or inside the appliance (depending on model) switches on
when the door is opened.
• Green LED lights up, indicating the appliance is running.
For appliances with internal controls, when the appliance is connected to the mains, the inside light
switches on when the refrigerator door is opened (as long as the thermostat knob is not turned to z.
The thermostat, located inside the refrigerator compartment or on the front panel of the appliance, is used
to adjust the temperature of both the refrigerator compartment and low temperature compartment (if
1. For correct operation and optimum storage of food, follow instructions given in the enclosed
product sheet for thermostat adjustment.
2. To adjust the temperature in the compartment, turn the thermostat control knob:
• to lower numbers 1-2/MIN for the LEAST COLD internal temperatures;
• to 3-4/MED for a MEDIUM temperature;
• to 5-7/MAX for the COLDEST temperature.
Thermostat setting on z: no operation, no light.
• The ambient air temperature, frequency of door opening and the position of the appliance can affect
internal temperatures. Take these factors into consideration when setting the thermostat knobs.