33502002GB.fm Page 79 Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:54 AM
HOW TO OPERATE THE LOW TEMPERATURE
The low temperature compartment is
store frozen foods for the period of time indicated on
packaging. If the low temperature compartment is
, it can also be used to freeze fresh food.
The quantity of fresh food that can be frozen in 24
hours is shown on the rating plate.
In the event of a power cut, the low temperature
compartment will maintain a sufficiently low temperature for
food storage. However, it is advisable to avoid opening the
compartment door during such periods.
Freezing fresh food (only in compartments
• Before freezing, wrap and seal fresh food in: aluminium foil,
cling film, air and water-tight plastic bags, polythene
containers with lids or freezer containers suitable for
freezing fresh food.
• Arrange the fresh food in the top compartment, leaving
sufficient space around each pack for the air to circulate.
• For optimum freezing, turn the thermostat down by half a
point when placing fresh foods in the freezer
• The food will be completely frozen in 24 hours.
For appliances with compartments marked
The table alongside shows the recommended
maximum storage time for frozen fresh foods.
When purchasing frozen food products:
• Make sure the packaging is not damaged, since the product
quality may have deteriorated. If a package is swollen or has
damp stains it has not been perfectly conserved and may
• When shopping, leave frozen food purchases until last and
transport the products in a thermally insulated cool bag.
• Place the items in the low temperature compartment as
soon as you get home.
• If food has defrosted even partially, do not re-freeze it.
Consume within 24 hours.
• Avoid, or keep temperature variations to the minimum.
Respect the best-before date on the package.
• Always observe the storage information on the package.
can be used to