33502002GB.fm Page 82 Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:54 AM
When you hear these noises
1. The appliance is no working.
• Is there a power failure?
• Is the plug properly inserted in the socket?
• Is the double-pole switch on?
• Do the household electrical system protection
devices work correctly?
• Is the power cord damaged?
2. Temperature inside the compartments is
not low enough.
• Are the doors closed properly?
• Is the appliance installed near a heat source?
• Are the air circulation vents blocked?
..your appliance is alive!!!
3. Water collects at the bottom of the
• Is the defrost water drain blocked?
4. The internal light does not work.
Check point 1 first, then:
• Disconnect the appliance from the mains
• Replace the lamp with one of the same power
or of the max. power in watt, specified near the
5. Excessive frost build-up in the freezer
• Is the door shut properly?
• Is food obstructing proper door closure?
Gurgling and hissing noises due to expansion
in the refrigerant circuit are normal.