Defining the Brands of Your Devices
The Remote Control uses RC codes to activate devices. Because there are several brands using specific RC codes, you have
to define the brands of your devices.
On the Home panel you find buttons for most common video and audio devices. When you select a device on the Home
panel for the first time, you will notice that the Remote Control is set up by default to operate Philips or Marantz devices.
For all devices other than Philips or Marantz, you will have to define the brand before you can operate them with the
1. Select a device on the Home panel.
The following screen appears.
2. When the brand of your device is Philips or Marantz, click No.
The Remote Control switches to Use mode. To operate the device in Use mode, see p. 14.
When you want to adjust the Remote Control to operate with your brand, click Yes.
The Remote Control switches to Brand mode. Follow the instructions as described below.
There are three possible scenarios for defining brands:
• You can select the brand and the code set of your device.
• You can select the brand of your device and search the code set.
• You can search the brand of your device.