PA N I C
There are two possible ways to arm the system:
• MANUAL Arming (Remote Control)
• AUTO Arming (Passive)
• When the main unit is set to "MANUAL," the system is armed by using the remote
control transmitter. This is the factory setting.
• The system will "beep" 3 times, and not arm, if the trunk is not closed when the "LOCK"
button is pressed.
• If a door is open, the system will not arm when the "LOCK" button is pressed.
The arming mode is set to "MANUAL."
Turn the ignition key to the "OFF"(O) position.
Remove the key from the ignition switch.
Exit the vehicle and close all the doors and the
Press the "LOCK" button on the remote control
You will observe the following.
• The remote control LED illuminates.
• The security system arms.
• The status LED flashes once per seconds.
• The parking lights flash once.
• The doors will lock
If the "LOCK" button is pressed a second time
(within 5 seconds of the first push) the horn will
beep once to confirm the doors are locked
the system is armed.
Only on the vehicles equipped with power door locks.
© 2004 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved.