12. Reconnect the power and data cables to the back of the drive installed in the 5.25-inch drive bay above the floppy drive.
13. Check all cable connections, and fold cables out of the way to provide airflow for the fan and cooling vents.
Close the computer
Attach the computer stand
16. Connect your computer and devices to their electrical outlets, and turn them on.
To connect a network cable, first plug the cable in to the network wall jack and then plug it in to the computer.
17. See the documentation that came with the drive for instructions on installing any software required for drive operation.
Before you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the safety instructions in
To guard against electrical shock, always unplug your computer from the electrical outlet before opening the cover.
Drives sold by Dell come with their own operating software and documentation. After you install a drive, refer to the documentation that came
with the drive for instructions on installing and using the drive software.
Shut down the
2. Turn off any attached devices and disconnect them from their electrical outlets.
To disconnect a network cable, first unplug the cable from your computer and then unplug it from the network wall jack.
3. Disconnect the computer power cable from the wall outlet, and then press the power button to ground the system board.
Remove the computer
stand, if it is attached.
Open the computer
6. If you are replacing a drive, disconnect the power and data cables from the back of the drive before you remove the drive.