Back to Contents Page
Dell™ Dimension™ 4300S
You must right-click the link for a portable document format (PDF) file and save the file to your hard drive. Attempting to open large PDF files
through your browser causes your system to freeze.
To save PDF files (files with an extension of .pdf) to your hard drive, right-click the document title, click Save Target As in Microsoft® Internet Explorer or Save
Link As in Netscape Navigator, and specify a location on your hard drive.
Right-click only the following link:
Dell Dimension 4300S Owner's Manual
reinstalling drivers. It also provides technical specifications.
PDF files require Adobe™ Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe World Wide Web site at http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/.
To view a PDF file, launch Acrobat Reader. Click File—> Open and select the PDF file.
The Tell Me How help file is already loaded on your hard drive when you receive your computer. To open the file, click the Start button on the Windows®
desktop, point to Programs—> User's Guides, and then click Tell Me How.
Tell Me How help files (files with an extension of .chm) require Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later.
The Tell Me How help file allows you to search for information in multiple ways. You can quickly link to information on the following topics:
Hardware and software features of your computer
The Windows desktop, where you can change your wallpaper and screen saver, create shortcuts, and position icons
Software access, installation, and removal
Basic file management, such as finding, copying, deleting, and renaming files
Tips on using your computer hardware
Downloading the Tell Me How Help File and Associated Files
1. Right-click the following link to the hhactivex.dll file: hhactivex.dll.
2. Click Save Target As in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Save Link As in Netscape Navigator, and specify c:\windows\system.
3. Click the Start button on the Microsoft Windows desktop, and then click Run.
4. Type regsvr32 hhactivex.dll and then press <Enter>.
5. Click OK when the installation is complete.
6. Right-click the following link to the file:
7. Click Save Target As in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Save Link As in Netscape Navigator, and specify a location on your hard drive.
Viewing the Tell Me How Help File
1. Click the Start button on the Windows desktop, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to the directory in which you saved the Tell Me How help file.
3. Double-click the file (tellhow.chm).
Back to Contents Page
(.pdf) (1547 KB) — Provides information on adding upgrades, performing basic troubleshooting procedures, and
Dell Dimension 4300S Tell Me How
(.chm) (1339 KB).