SURFACE COOKING UTENSILS
Pans should have ﬂat bottoms.
Check for ﬂatness by rotating a
ruler across the bottom. There
should be no gaps between
the pan and ruler.
* Specialty pans such as
lobster pots, griddles and
pressure cookers may be used
but must conform to the above
• Flat bottom and straight sides.
• Tight ﬁtting lids.
• Weight of handle does not tilt pan.
Pan is well balanced.
• Pan sizes match the amount of
food to be prepared and the size of
• Made of material that conducts
• Easy to clean.
Note: Always use a utensil for its intended purpose. Follow manufacturer's
instructions. Some utensils were not made to be used in the oven or on the
• Curved and warped pan bottoms.
• Pan overhangs unit by more than
2.5 cm (1").
• Heavy handle tilts pan.
• Flame extends beyond unit.