7. Carefully lift the keyboard and slide the keyboard tabs out of the slots on the palm rest.
8. Turn the keyboard over and place it on the palm rest.
9. Lift the connector latch and disconnect the keyboard cable from the connector on the system board.
10. Lift the keyboard off the palm rest.
1 keyboard cable connector
Replacing the Keyboard
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Slide the keyboard cable into the connector on the system board and press down on the connector latch to secure the keyboard cable.
3. Align the tabs at the bottom of the keyboard with the slots on the palm rest and lower the keyboard into place.
4. Gently press around the edges of the keyboard to secure the keyboard under the tabs on the palm rest.
5. Turn the computer over and replace the three screws that secure the keyboard to the computer base.
6. Replace the module cover (see
7. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
Replacing the Module