Replacing the Palm Rest
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Align the palm rest on the computer base and gently snap the palm rest into place.
3. Slide the touch pad cable and the power button cable into their connectors on the system board and press down on the connector latch to secure the
4. Replace the five screws that secure the palm rest to the system board.
5. Replace the keyboard (see
6. Turn the computer over and replace the three screws that secure the palm rest to the computer base.
7. Replace the two rubber caps that cover the palm rest screws on the computer base.
8. Replace the module cover (see
9. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
Back to Contents Page
Replacing the Module