17. Carefully ease the connectors on the system board out of the slots in the computer, and lift the system board out of the computer.
18. Turn the system board assembly over.
19. Remove the Mini-Card(s) (see
20. Remove the processor heat sink assembly (see
Replacing the System Board
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Replace the processor heat sink assembly (see
3. Replace the Mini-Card(s) (see
4. Turn the system board assembly over.
5. Align the connectors on the system board with the slots on the computer base, and use the alignment posts on the computer base to correctly place the
6. Replace the four screws that secure the system board to the computer base.
7. Connect the coin-cell battery cable, speaker cable, status light board cable, and the AC adapter connector cable to their respective connectors on the
8. Place the left hinge-bracket on the computer base.
9. Replace the screw that secures the left hinge-bracket.
10. Replace the middle cover (see
11. Replace the display assembly (see
12. Follow the instructions from
13. Replace the processor fan (see
14. Replace the Bluetooth card (see
15. Replace the palm rest (see
16. Replace the keyboard (see
17. Turn the computer over and replace the screw that secures the left hinge- bracket to the computer base.
18. Replace the memory module(s) (see
19. Replace the module cover (see
20. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
21. Turn on the computer.
After you have replaced the system board, enter the computer's Service Tag into the BIOS of the replacement system board.
22. Enter the service tag (see
Entering the Service Tag in the
Removing the Processor Heat Sink
Replacing the Processor Heat Sink
Replacing the Middle
Replacing the Display
Replacing the Hard Drive
Replacing the Processor
Replacing the Bluetooth
Replacing the Palm
Replacing the Memory
Replacing the Module