• Make sure that you are running only one version of the SoftIPT. If you click on the shortcut icon or start
the program while you are already running it, another SoftIPT application will open. If you see
"Searching BIPU..." or "Can't Register SoftIPT" click the close button to make sure that there isn't
another SoftIPT running.
• If you are on a SoftIPT call and you are viewing the Setting window, select Cancel to exit the Setting
window. Avoid selecting OK during a call, since it will reset the SoftIPT and the call. The application
will operate with the new Setting information after you start the SoftIPT again.
• The Call Log does not record calls that have a name associated with it. It logs calls that are stored on the
Strata CTX as a number.
• For the SoftIPT, configure the Strata CTX BIPU PCB for G.711 CODEC at 20msec. (40msec. voice
packet transmission interval is not supported and G.729 is not supported.)
Quality of Service statistics are not available on Strata CTX for the SoftIPT.
The following devices and PC platforms have been tested with the SoftIPT.
• YAMAHA AC-XG, ALi Audio Wave, or Analog Devices (ADI)
• Portege 3500, 1.3GHz, 256MB, "ALi Audio Wave," Windows XP pro
• Satellite 5200, 2GHz, 512MB, "YAMAHA AC-XG WDM Audio," Windows XP pro
• Satellite Pro M10, 1.6GHz, 512MB, "SoundMAX Digital Audio," Windows XP pro
• Tecra S1, 1.5GHz, 512MB, "SoundMAX Digital Audio," Windows XP pro
Installing and Operating the SoftIPT
11 of 12