The location must be large enough to fully open
the washer door.
• Most installations require a minimum 4 in.
(10 cm) clearance behind the washer.
The following dimensions shown are for the minimum
Additional spacing should be considered for
installation and servicing.
• Additional clearances might be required for wall,
door and floor moldings.
• Additional spacing of 1 in. (2.5 cm) on all sides of
the washer is recommended to reduce noise
Companion appliance spacing should also be
(75.0 cm) (10 cm)
• Level floor
• Allowable slope under entire washer is 1°.
• To minimize
noise and vibration,
MUST be installed
on a solidly
• Carpeting and soft tile surfaces are not
• Never install the washer on a platform or
weakly supported structure.
NOTE: A firm, solid floor is even more critical to a
washer than to a top-loader.
If your floor is wood and/or frame
you may need to reinforce it.
speeds than top-loaders,
If the floor is not solid, your
washer will vibrate. You will hear and feel
• Power outlet
• Must be within 60 in. (1.5 m) of either side of
the washer. Do not overload the outlet with
more than one appliance.
• Time-delay fuse or circuit breaker is
NOTE: It is tile personal responsibility
obligation of the customer to have a proper
outlet installed by a qualified electrician.