IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
WARNING - To reduce the risk of electrical shock, fire, or injury :
• Read all instructions before using the unit.
• Use only a 220-240 volt outlet.
• DO NOT use the unit if the power cord or plug is damaged, or the connection to the wall outlet is loosened.
• Periodically remove dust from the plug.
• DO NOT insert fingers or foreign objects into the air intake or air outlet.
• Always hold the plug and never pull on the cord when removing the power plug.
Electrical shock and/or fire from a short circuit may result.
• DO NOT remove the plug when your hands are wet.
• DO NOT use the unit near gas appliances or fireplaces.
• If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, a Sharp
Authorized Service Center or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Be cautious when cleaning the unit.
Strong corrosive cleansers may damage the exterior.
• DO NOT operate when using aerosol insecticides or in rooms where there is oily residue, incense, sparks
from lit cigarettes, chemical fumes in the air, or in locations where the unit may get wet, such as a bath-
• Only a Sharp Authorized Service Center should service this Plasmacluster Ion Generator.
Contact the nearest Service Center for any problems, adjustments, or repairs.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or
mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or in-
struction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
CAUTIONS CONCERNING OPERATION:
• Do not ride the main unit and do not sit on or lean it, it may cause injury or malfunction.
• DO NOT block the air intake and/or air outlet.
• DO NOT use the unit near or on hot objects, such as stoves or heaters or where it may come into contact
• Always operate the main unit in an upright position.
• Clean the exterior with a soft cloth only, otherwise the main unit surface may be damaged or cracked.
• Keep the main unit away from water.
• Place at least 2m away from equipment utilizing electric waves such as televisions or radios to avoid elec-
trical interference when using the unit.
• Avoid using in locations where the unit is exposed to condensation or drastic temperature changes. Appro-
priate room temperature is between 0-35ºC.
• Avoid locations where grease or oily smoke is generated, otherwise the main unit surface may crack as a
NOTE - Radio or TV Interference:
If this Plasmacluster Ion Generator may cause interference to radio or television reception,
try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the distance between the unit and radio/TV receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.