• Check fuel tank before starting engine.
Do not fill gas tank indoors, when the
engine is running or when the engine is
hot. Allow the engine to cool for several
minutes before filling the gas tank. Clean
off any spilled gasoline before starting
• Always make wheel height adjustments
before starting your mower. Never
attempt to do this while the engine is
• Mow only in daylight or good artificial
• Keep your eyes and mind on your
mower and the area being cut. Do not let
other interests distract you.
• Do not mow wet or slippery grass. Never
run while operating your mower. Always
be sure of your footing -- keep a firm
hold on the handles and walk.
• Do not put hands or feet near or under
rotating pads. Keep clear of the dis-
charge opening at all times.
• Always stop the engine whenever
leave or are not using your mower, or
before crossing driveways, walks, roads,
and any gravel--covered
• Never direct discharge
nor allow anyone
near the mower while you are operating
• Before cleaning,
your mower, stop the engine and make
sure the blade and all moving
parts have stopped.
spark plug wire and keep it away from
the spark plug to prevent
• Do not continue to run your mower if you
hit a foreign
object. Follow the procedure
above, then repair any damage
• Do not change
injury may result.
• Do not operate
your mower if it vibrates
stop the engine,
safely check for the cause of vibration
and repair as required.
• Do not run the engine indoors. Exhaust
fumes are dangerous.
• Never cut grass by pulling the mower
you. Mow across the face of
never up and down or you
might lose your footing.
Do not mow
excessively steep slopes. Use caution
when operating the mower on uneven
terrain or when changing directions --
maintain good footing.
• Never operate your mower without
proper guards, plates, grass catcher or
other safety devices in place.
• Check the blade and the engine
mounting bolts often to be sure they are
• Check all bolts, nuts and screws at
frequent intervals for proper tightness to
be sure mower is in safe working
• Keep all safety devices in place and
• To reduce fire hazard, keep the engine
free of grass, leaves or excessive
• Check grass catcher often for deteriora-
tion and wear and replace worn bags.
Use only replacement bags that are
by and comply
of the manufacturer
keep a sharp blade on your
• Allow engine to cool before
• Never store mower with fuel in the tank
inside a building where fumes may
reach an open flame or an ignition
source such as a hot water heater,
space heater, clothes
for this symbol to point out
SAFETY IS INVOLVED.
A.Iways disconnect spark
plug wire and place wire where it cannot
contact spark plug in order to prevent
starting when setting up,
from this product
known to the State of
to cause cancer, birth defects,
or other reproductive