NOTE: Beforetipping lawn mowerto
drain oil, drain
fuel tank by running
engine until fuel tank is empty.
• Disconnect spark plug wire from spark
plug and place wire where it cannot
come in contact with spark plug.
• Remove engine oil cap; lay aside on a
• Tip lawn mower on its side as shown
and drain oil into a suitable container.
Rock lawn mower back and forth to
remove any oil trapped inside of
• Wipe off any spilled oil on lawn mower
and on side of engine.
• Fill engine with oil. Fill only to the
"FULL" line on the dipstick. DO NOT
• Replace engine oil cap.
• Reconnect spark plug wire to spark
Your engine will not run prepedy and may
be damaged by using a dirty air filter.
Replace the air filter eve_J year, more
often if you mow in very dusty, dirty
TO CLEAN AIR FILTER
• Loosen screw and tilt cover to remove.
• Carefully remove cartridge.
• Clean by gently tapping on a flat
surface. If very dirty, replace cadddge.
Petroleum solvents, such
as kerosene, are not to be used to clean
cartridge. They may cause deterioration
of the cartridge. Do not oil cartridge. Do
not use pressurized air to clean or dry
• Install cartridge, then replace cover
making sure the tabs are aligned with
the slots in the back plate. Fasten
Inspect and replace corroded muffler as
it could create a fire hazard and/or
Change your spark plug each year to
make your engine start easier and run
better. Set spark plug gap at .030 inch.
For best performance,
keep mower housing free of built-up
grass and trash. Clean the underside of
your mower after each use.
Disconnect spark plug wire
from spark plug and place wire where it
cannot come in contact with the spark
• Turn lawn mower on its side. Make
sure air filter and carburetor are up.
Clean the underside of your lawn
mower by scraping to remove build-up
of grass and trash.
• Clean engine often to keep trash from
A clogged engine runs
hotter and shortens engine life.
• Keep finished surfaces and wheels
free of all gasoline, oil,etc.
• We do not recommend using a garden
hose to clean lawn mower unless the
electrical system, muffler, air filter and
carburetor are covered to keep water
out. Water in engine can result in
shortened engine life.
CLEAN UNDER DRIVE COVER
Clean under drive cover at least twice a
season. Scrape underside of cover with
putty knife or similar tool to remove any
build-up of trash or grass on underside
of ddve cover.