FOREWORD Thank you for purchasing our robot products. This manual contains the information necessary for the correct use of the Operator Panel. Please carefully read this manual and other related manuals before installing the robot system. Keep this manual handy for easy access at all times. WARRANTY The robot system and its optional parts are shipped to our customers only after being subjected to the strictest quality controls, tests, and inspections to certify its compliance...
TRADEMARKS Microsoft, Windows, and Windows logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective holders. TRADEMARK NOTATION IN THIS MANUAL Microsoft®...
Do not connect the OP1 to the following Robot Controllers. Connecting to the following Robot Controllers may result in malfunction of the device since the pin assignments are different. RC420 / RC520 / SRC5** / SRC-3** / SRC-2** SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION Suwa Minami Plant Factory Automation Systems Dept. 1010 Fujimi, Fujimi-machi,...
1. Safety 1.1 Conventions Important safety considerations are indicated throughout the manual by the following symbols. Be sure to read the descriptions shown with each symbol. WARNING WARNING CAUTION 1.2 Safety Precautions For details of Safety, refer to the User’s Guide 2. Safety. Please read and understand the chapter before using the robot system.
1. Safety Only authorized personnel who have taken the safety training should be allowed to maintain the robot system. The safety training is the program for industrial robot operator that follows the laws and regulations of each nation. The personnel who have taken the safety training acquire knowledge of industrial robots (operations, teaching, etc.), knowledge of inspections, and knowledge of related rules/regulations.
1.3 Emergency Stop Immediately press the EMERGENCY STOP switch whenever you suspect any danger. The Operator Panel is equipped with an EMERGENCY STOP switch. Before operating the Operator Panel, make sure that the EMERGENCY STOP switch on the Operator Panel functions properly. Operating the Operator Panel when the switch does not function properly is extremely hazardous and may result in serious bodily injury and/or serious damage to the equipment, as the switch WARNING...
2. Specifications 2. Specifications 2.1 Specification Tables 2.1.1 Electrical Specifications Item Rated voltage Voltage range Power consumption Dielectric strength Insulation resistance 2.1.2 Environmental Specifications Item Ambient temperature (in panel and at sides of display screen) Storage ambient temperature Operating ambient humidity Storage ambient humidity...
2.2 Part Names and Functions (1) Touch Panel This screen displays various information, and is used for automatic operation, data entry, and other operations. When the backlight of the touch panel goes out, the screen turns completely black and you can no longer see what is on the screen. The touch switches, however, are enabled.
This lights (green) when the controller's power switch is turned ON. Teach Pendant connector (Bypass Plug) This connector is for connecting the optional Teach Pendant for Robot Controller RC170. When the Teach Pendant does not need to be connected, connect the Bypass Plug. The robot status will be the Emergency Stop state unless the Teach Pendant or Bypass Plug is connected.
3. Installation 3.1 Unpacking Mounting metal hasp Connection cable (3 m) Bypass Plug (install on body) 3.2 Installation 3.2.1 Gasket Applicable model: ST400-WP01 Even in environment that do not require drip-proof, be sure to use the gasket (accessory provided with OP1). Install the Operator Pendant on a flat, level surface with the display facing down, and attach the gasket (provided) into the front bevelled groove from the rear.
3. Installation 3.2.2 Mounting Holes Refer to 2.3.3 Panel Cutout Dimensions for machining the mounting parts. - Prepare the gasket and mounting metal hasps to install the Operator Panel. To ensure drip-proof performance, install the Operator Panel on a flat surface free of warping, scratches and unevenness.
The Operator Panel is designed for vertical installation. It can also be installed at an angle. However, in this case, limit the angle of tilt from the vertical within 30 deg. - If the Operator Panel is installed at an angle of tilt exceeding 30 deg, take measures, such as forced air cooling, to prevent the operating ambient temperature from exceeding 40 degC.
3. Installation Secure the screws of the mounting metal hasps. Tighten the four screws slowly, in an even, crisscross pattern. Overtightening the screws may damage the Operator Panel. To ensure drip-proof performance, the appropriate tightening torque is 0.5 Nm. 3.3 Connecting Cables Be sure to connect the cables between the Controller and the Operator Panel properly.
3.4 Teach Pendant Connection (1) Disconnect the Bypass Plug connected to the Operator Panel. (2) Connect the connector of the Teach Pendant to the Operator Panel and secure it tightly. NOTE Make sure to screw in the connector tightly to ensure dust-proof and drip-proof performance.
When the robot controller can be started up from the Operator Panel*, the program selection, program startup and shutdown, and reset from Emergency Stop and error state can be performed. * For details on this setting, refer to the Controller RC170 Setup & Operation 4.4.3 Setup from Control Device. (2) Task Monitor screen This screen is for monitoring task states.
4. Operation Buttons for moving to each of these screens are displayed on the left side of the screen. You can move to the desired screen at any time by pressing these buttons. Operator Panel screen image When the operator is prompted to confirm or perform an operation, the button for the respective screen on the left of the Operator Panel blinks.
This displays the operation mode of the Controller. In the “TEACH MODE”, the robot is operated from the Teach Pendant. AUTO MODE Refer : Controller RC170 Setup & Operation 4.4 Auto Mode (AUTO) Program. PROGRAM MODE Refer : Controller RC170 Setup & Operation 4.3 Program Mode (AUTO).
How to set the Operator Panel to a control device (1) Connect a PC to the Controller via the USB port. (2) Start up EPSON RC+. (3) Select menu-[Setup]-[Controller] to display the [Setup Controller] dialog. (4) Select [Configuration] and select “OP” at [Control Device:].
This button is for resetting Emergency Stop state or Error state. I/O output can also be reset. However, I/O output reset is not available at the shipment setting from the manufacturer. For details, refer to EPSON RC+ 5.0 User's Guide 5.12.2 (Setup Menu)- (16) Cancel program (15) Pause program Preferences Page .
4.4 Task Monitor Screen The Task Monitor screen allows you to monitor the states of each task. By confirming the current state of each task, you can gain hints as to which signal the robot is waiting for (i.e. why the robot has stopped when it has stopped due to an interlock or signal standby). You can select between a screen that displays all 16 tasks and a screen that displays eight tasks at a time.
4. Operation The display is refreshed every 0.5 seconds. Lines having a short processing time may not be displayed, or the same line number is visible all the time even if operations are actually being performed normally. This, however, is not a malfunction. The following task states are displayed: The task is being executed.
I/O Monitor screen (8-bit display) “*” (asterisk) is displayed before the signal for remote setting to separate remote setting and I/O label. In the 32-bit display, you can touch the currently displayed I/O column and temporarily confirm the I/O label in the popup window. The popup window disappears by touching. Touching the “INPUT”, “OUTPUT”...
4.6 System History Screen A system history (errors, warnings, and events) containing up to 5000 records is saved on the RC170 Controller. In the System History screen, you can display the past system history that is saved to the Controller.
4.7 Application Screen The Application screen provides the robot application programs and operator interface. The application program can be displayed on this screen by executing the Print command in the application program. Data can be input from this screen by executing the Input command in the application program.
4. Operation The last line of the display is the input area. When the Input command is executed in the application program, the input area is displayed at the last line of the screen. Application screen (numerical value input) In the case of numerical value input, touch the input area. This displays the numerical value input dialog box.
4. Operation 4.8 Setup Screen If the bottom right of the screen (operator firmware version display area) is touched while the Startup screen is displayed, the screen for setting up the Operator Panel appears. When you finished the setup, touch the <OK> button at the bottom right of the screen. To cancel the setup and display the original state, touch the <Cancel>...
4. Operation Change display after program execution Set whether or not to automatically switch the screen to the Application screen after an application has been started or program has been executed in the Program Execution screen. Each touch of this display area toggles the setting between Yes and No. : The screen is automatically switched.
5. Programming for Operator Panel 5.1 Display on Operator Panel The application screen of the Operator Panel is provided with a text display of 34 characters × 10 lines in size. This text display can display numerical values and strings from the application program.
5. Programming for Operator Panel 5.1.2 Display Device Text displays such as the Operator Panel are called a “display device.” The RC170 supports the following three display devices, which can be displayed on the required device from the application: #21 RC+ execution screen...
B: Executing the display device selection command Same as the Print command, display device can be switched by the DispDev command. Integer OfsQty DispDev 23 Print “Input the offset travel.” Input OfsQty 5.2.1 Value Input Integer numbers can be input from the Operator Panel. When the value input command (Input #23, a) is executed in the application, the value input area is displayed on the application screen of the Operator Panel.
5. Programming for Operator Panel 5.2.2 String Input On the Operator Panel, function switch F1 to F6 inputs can be handled as string input. Function switches F1 to F6 each corresponding to six strings “a” to “f”. When the string input command (Input #23, a$) is executed in the application, strings corresponding to F1 to F6 switch inputs can be input.
5. Programming for Operator Panel 5.3 About Display Language Any of English, Japanese, German or French can be set as the display language*. By setting the display language, text that is provided for each screen is displayed correctly. However, to correctly display error messages or messages displayed by the Print command, appropriate code page (character code and display text lookup table) products must be used.
6. Maintenance and Inspection 6. Maintenance and Inspection 6.1 Contrast Adjustment (1) Touch the right top and the left top of the screen to display the contrast adjustment screen. (2) Touch the contrast part of the screen to select the contrast from eight levels. (3) Touch the other part of the screen to finish the contrast adjustment.
6. Maintenance and Inspection 6.2 Brightness Adjustment (1) Touch the right bottom and the left bottom of the screen to display the brightness adjustment screen. (2) Touch the brightness part of the screen to select the brightness from two levels. (3) Touch the other part of the screen to finish the brightness adjustment.
Ethernet connection.) (1) Connect the development PC and the Controller with the USB cable. (2) Turn ON the Controller and wait until it starts up. (Do not startup the EPSON RC+ until the firmware update is completed.) (3) Insert the installing “firmware CD-ROM” to the CD-ROM drive of the development PC.
6.5 About Gasket The gasket is used for dust-proof and dip-proof performance. - Gasket that is used for long periods of time or once has been installed on the panel is NOTE scratched or dirty, and may not qualify IP65 dust-proofing and drop-proofing performance.
6. Maintenance and Inspection 6.6 Regular Maintenance Inspection Performing the maintenance inspection in accordance with the schedule is essential to use the Operator Panel in the best condition. Inspection point of the ambient environment - Is the ambient temperature suitable? - Is the ambient relative humidity suitable? - Does not corrosive gas exist? Inside the Controller Box is the ambient environment for installation inside the Controller Box.