IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical machine, basic safety
precautions should always be followed, including the
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.
When the machine is not in use, it should be disconnected
from the electricity supply by removing the plug from the
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. A machine should never be left unattended when
2. Always unplug this machine from the electric outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention
is necessary when this machine is used by or near
children and infirm persons.
2. Use machine only for its intended use as described
in this manual. Use only attachments recommended
by the manufacturer as contained in this manual.
3. Never operate this machine if
· it has a damaged cord or plug
· it is not working properly
· it has been dropped or damaged
· it has fallen into water
Return the machine to the nearest authorized
BERNINA dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the machine with any air openings
blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the sewing
machine and foot control free from accumulation
of lint, dust and loose cloth.
5. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care
is required around the sewing needle.
6. Always use the BERNINA original stitch plate. The
wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
7. Do not use bent needles.
8. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may
deflect the needle, causing it to break.
9. Turn power switch to "0" when making any adjust-
ments in the needle area, such as threading or
changing the needle, threading the bobbin or
changing the presser foot.
10. Always unplug the sewing machine from the electri-
cal outlet when removing covers, lubricating or when
making any other user servicing adjustments men-
tioned in this instruction manual.
11. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
12. Do not use outdoors.
13. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are
being used or where oxygen is being administered.
14. Before disconnecting, turn all controls to the off ("0")
position then remove the plug from the outlet.
15. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord but grasp the
plug before pulling.
16. No responsibility will be taken for any possible
damage as the result of misuse of the machine.
17. This machine is provided with double insulation.
Use only identical replacement parts. See instructions
for Servicing of double-insulated machines.
In a double-insulated product, two systems of insulation
are provided instead of grounding. No grounding means
is provided on a double-insulated product nor should a
means for grounding be added to the product. Servicing
a double-insulated product requires extreme care and
knowledge of the system and should only be done by
qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for a
double-insulated product must be identical to those
parts in the product. A double insulated product is mar-
ked with the words "DOUBLE INSULATION" or "DOUBLE
This sewing machine is intended for household use only.
may also be marked on the product.