Spire Printing Over TCP/IP From Macintosh
The Spire over TCP/IP connection enables Macintosh clients to print jobs to the Spire CXP6000
color server over a TCP/IP protocol. This connection allows a significantly higher spooling
To set up TCP/IP printing from the Macintosh, download the Choose Spire Over IP installer
from the Spire CXP8000 color server D:\Utilities folder. For more information see the Spire
CXP8000 Color Server User Guide.
To enable the Spire Over TCP/IP connection, a Macintosh OS version 9.x or higher, with an
installed LaserWriter application version 8.6 or higher, or AdobePS 8.8 or higher is required. If
you do not have a compatible LaserWriter application installed, you can download this
application from the Spire CXP8000 color server, under D:\Utilities\Mac utilities folder.
Be sure the coated paper media weight programmed in the Job Ticket or ppd matches the actual
weight set in the DocuColor Digital Press.
Spire CXP8000 Color Server Limitations
• When you print the Admin Page, the Color Server Name box displays the name of the
color server as it appears on a Macintosh client workstation and displays the client
workstation name as it appears on a Windows client workstation.
• When you print the Admin Page, the Sender Name box displays the owner name as it
appears on the Macintosh OS 9.x client workstation and displays the user name as it appears
on Macintosh OS X.
• In imposition, when you select the Fit to Page option for the Admin Page, the image scale
• The Admin Page is printed only in English.
• Updates to the Admin page will require the job to be re-processed after making changes in
the Jot ticket parameters.