Tips for Using the Spire CXP8000 Color Server
Running Antivirus Software
The Spire CXP8000 color server was successfully tested with McAfee
Windows XP Professional server antivirus software. Avoid using the automatic scanning mode
and activate the antivirus software only when the Spire CXP8000 color server application is
Before you install the Spire CXP8000 color server, make sure that you close all other
applications, including antivirus applications.
Note: McAfee VirusScan is not included in the software kit.
Printing a DCS File
The Spire CXP8000 color server can process input files with embedded DCS1 or DCS2 (Adobe
) format files.
To print a DCS file:
1. Place the DCS file in a desktop publishing application, such as QuarkXPress
2. Copy the DCS file to the Spire CXP8000 color server High Res folder (D:\Shared\High
3. In the Job Parameters window or in the PPD, select the Print Quality tab.
4. In the PS Overprint options, select Yes.
5. Print the file in composite mode.
Note: You can use a different path for the high-resolution DCS files. Make sure you add the
path to the Creo APR search paths on the Services tab in the Job Parameters window.
Setting Collation Options
Most printer drivers and Microsoft Office applications support a collation option. To receive
properly collated or stapled output, clear the Collate option in both the print driver and the
application, and then select the Collate option in the PPD file.