On the battery pack
On charging the battery pack
• We recommend charging the battery pack in an
ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C
(50°F to 86°F). The battery pack may not be
effectively charged in temperatures outside this
Effective use of the battery pack
• Battery performance decreases in low
temperature surroundings. So in cold places, the
operational time of the battery pack is shorter.
We recommend the following to ensure longer
battery pack use:
– Put the battery pack in a pocket close to your
body to warm it up, and insert it in the camera
immediately before you start shooting.
• The battery pack will run out quickly if you use
the flash or zoom frequently.
• We recommend having spare battery packs
handy for two or three times the expected
shooting time, and making trial shots before
taking the actual shots.
• Do not expose the battery pack to water. The
battery pack is not water-resistant.
• Do not leave the battery pack in extremely hot
places, such as in a car or under direct sunlight.
How to store the battery pack
• Fully discharge the battery pack before storing
and store it in a cool, dry place. To maintain the
battery pack's function, fully charge the battery
pack and then fully discharge it on the camera at
least once a year while storing.
• To use the battery pack up, leave the camera in
slideshow (page 56) playback mode until the
power goes off.
• To prevent staining the terminal, short-
circuiting, etc., be sure to use a supplied battery
case when carrying and storing.
On battery life
• The battery life is limited. Battery capacity
decreases over time and through repeated use. If
decreased usage time between charges becomes
significant, it is probably time to replace it with
a new one.
• The battery life varies according to how it is
stored and the operating conditions and
environment in which each battery pack is used.
Compatible battery pack
• The NP-BG1 (supplied) can be used only in G
type compatible Cyber-shot models.
• If you use the NP-FG1 battery pack (sold
separately), the minutes also appear after the
battery remaining indicator (