On the "Memory Stick Duo" media
A "Memory Stick Duo" media is a
compact, portable IC recording medium.
The types of "Memory Stick Duo" media
that can be used with the camera are listed
in the table below. However, proper
operation cannot be guaranteed for all
"Memory Stick Duo" media functions.
"Memory Stick" media type
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick Duo
MagicGate Memory Stick
Memory Stick PRO Duo
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
The camera is not compatible with high-speed
data transfer using a parallel interface.
"Memory Stick Duo" media, "MagicGate
Memory Stick Duo" media and "Memory Stick
PRO Duo" media are equipped with
MagicGate functions. MagicGate is copyright
protection technology that uses encryption
technology. Data recording/playback that
requires MagicGate functions cannot be
performed with the camera.
[640(Fine)] size movies can be recorded.
The camera is not compatible with 8-bit
parallel data transfer. Supports 4-bit parallel
data transfer equivalent to "Memory Stick
PRO Duo" media.
• This product is compatible with "Memory Stick
Micro" media ("M2"). "M2" is an abbreviation
for "Memory Stick Micro" media.
• A "Memory Stick Duo" media formatted with a
computer is not guaranteed to operate with the
• Data read/write speeds differ depending on the
combination of the "Memory Stick Duo" media
and the equipment used.
• Do not remove the "Memory Stick Duo" media
while reading or writing data.
• Data may be corrupted in the following cases:
– When the "Memory Stick Duo" media is
– When the "Memory Stick Duo" media is used
• We recommend backing up important data on a
hard disk of your computer.
• Do not press down hard when you write down
on the memo area.
• Do not attach a label on the "Memory Stick
Duo" media itself nor on a "Memory Stick Duo"
• When you carry or store the "Memory Stick
Duo" media, put it in the case supplied with it.
• Do not touch the terminal section of the
"Memory Stick Duo" media with your hand or a
• Do not strike, bend or drop the "Memory Stick
• Do not disassemble or modify the "Memory
Stick Duo" media.
• Do not expose the "Memory Stick Duo" media
• Do not leave the "Memory Stick Duo" media
within the reach of small children. They might
accidentally swallow it.
• Do not insert anything other than a "Memory
Stick Duo" media into the "Memory Stick Duo"
media slot. Otherwise, a malfunction may result.
• Do not use or store the "Memory Stick Duo"
media under the following conditions:
– High temperature locations such as the hot
– Locations exposed to direct sunlight
– Humid locations or locations with corrosive
removed or the camera is turned off during a
read or write operation.
in locations subject to static electricity or
interior of a car parked in direct sunlight