Basic Sewing Procedures
* The walking foot accessory is optional. It is not included with
Always try to sew first without the walking foot accessory
which should be used only when necessary.
It is easier to guide the fabric and you have a better view of the
seam when using the standard, regular foot on your machine.
Your sewing machine offers excellent stitch quality on a wide range
of fabrics from delicate chiffons to multiple layers of denim.
The Walking Foot accessory equalizes the feeding of the upper
and lower layers of fabric and improves the matching of plaids,
stripes and patterns. It also helps to prevent uneven feeding of very
difficult fabrics. The Walking Foot accessory equalizes the feeding
of the upper and lower layers of fabric and improves the matching
of plaids, stripes and patterns. It also helps to prevent uneven
feeding of very difficult fabrics.
Lift the presser foot lifter to raise the presser foot bar.
Remove the presser foot holder by unscrewing (counterclockwise)
the presser bar attaching screw.
Attach the Walking Foot to the machine as follows:
- The arm (a) should fit into above the needle screw and clamp (b).
- Slide the plastic attaching head (c) from your left to right so that it
is fitted into the presser foot bar.
- Lower the presser foot bar.
- Replace and tighten (clockwise) the presser bar attaching screw.
- Make sure both the needle screw and the presser bar attaching
screw are tightly secured.
Draw the bobbin thread up and place both the bobbin thread and
the needle thread behind the walking foot attachment.
502020.75.28_021H2D0101_1010_IM_bernette 20 25_EN