• If you are unsure of the spelling of the first 3 letters of the person's name, use
a "Wildcard Key," typically 1 or 0, in place of one or more letters. This
"wildcard" matches any letter.
• While recording a message, dial # to erase your message and begin again.
• Always try to leave a concise and structured message. Include the purpose
of your call, the information required, or any information needed to get an
answer – not just a return phone call.
• Leave fellow EliteMail FMS/VMS users a message from within your own
mailbox. When they listen to your message, EliteMail FMS/VMS will
automatically prompt them to send you a reply. This saves time and
almost always guarantees a response.
• The EliteMail FMS/VMS sorts messages in a message stack. It plays all
urgent messages first, then all regular messages. It also sorts your messages
by sender. Use Special Delivery Options when appropriate.
• To cancel a message that has not yet been received, begin to send the person or
group another message. The EliteMail FMS/VMS system will tell you that
your last message hasn't been heard, and offers you the option to cancel it.
• If you often send messages to the same group of people, see "Changing Your
Setup Options" to create your own message groups.
E S S A G I N G
I P S