When using an electrical appliance, always follow basic precautions,
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING APPLIANCE.
• Do not use outdoors or on wet
• Close supervision is necessary
when any appliance is used by or
near children. Do not allow vacu-
um cleaner to be used as a toy or
to run unattended at any time.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fin-
gers, feet and all parts of body
away from openings, rotating agi-
tators and other moving parts. Do
not operate cleaner in bare feet or
when wearing open toe shoes or
• Do not pick up anything that is
burning or smoking, such as ciga-
rettes, matches, or hot ashes.
• Do not use to pick up flamma-
ble or combustible liquids such as
gasoline or fine wood sandings or
use in areas where they may be
• Avoid picking up hard, sharp
objects with the cleaner. They may
damage the cleaner.
• Always turn off this appliance
before connecting or disconnect-
• Unplug cleaner before connect-
ing the powered pet hair cleaning
• Do not use without dirt cup or
filters in place. Empty cup fre-
quently when picking up very fine
materials such as powder.
• Use extra care when cleaning on
Save these instructions
© 2006 The Hoover Company
including the following:
To reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock, or injury:
• Do not put any object into
openings. Do not use with any
opening blocked; keep free of dust,
lint, hair, and anything that may
reduce air flow.
• Do not pull or carry by cord,
use cord as a handle, close door
on cord or pull cord around sharp
edges or corners. Do not run
appliance over cord. Keep cord
away from heated surfaces.
• Always disconnect cord from elec-
trical outlet before servicing the
• Turn cleaner off and unplug
when not in use.
• Do not unplug by pulling on
cord. To unplug, grasp the plug,
not the cord. Never handle plug or
appliance with wet hands.
• The use of an extension cord is
• Do not use with damaged cord
or plug. If appliance is not working
as it should, has been dropped,
damaged, left outdoors, or
dropped into water, take it to a
Hoover Sales and Service Center
or Authorized Hoover Warranty
• Use vacuum cleaner only for its
intended use as described in the
• Use only attachments recom-
mended by Hoover; others may
Parts & accessories mail
. . . . . . 8