3. Use H and J to move the cursor to the style you want to use.
4. When the cursor is located under the style you
want to specify, press SET to select it and re-
turn to the text display.
• You could also perform the above procedure in reverse, specifying the char-
acter style first and then inputting the text.
This part of the manual includes all the information you need to print tapes. It
also tells you how to print special stamp tapes that you can attach to an optional
stamp holder to create your own original stamps.
• Never turn power off while printing is being performed.
• Make sure that the tape outlet is not blocked before you start printing.
• Never operate the tape cutter while printer is being performed (indicated by
the message "PRNT" on the display).
• During printing at very high density, printing of very long text, or repeat print-
ing of the same text a number of times, the Label Printer may stop printing for
about five seconds. This is not a malfunction, and normal printing should
resume shortly (indicated by the message "P R N T" on the display).
• Never touch the tape cutter while a tape cut operation is being performed.
Doing so can result in cuts and other personal injury.
Printing a Tape
Printing a tape is as easy as pressing the PRINT key.
To print a tape
1. Press the PRINT key to print a tape of the text you have input and laid out.
• To stop a print operation that is in progress, press ESC.
2. After the print operation is complete, press down on the tape cutter button to
3. Use scissors to trim the tape to the size you want, if necessary.
• After you print a tape, you can peel off its paper
backing and stick the tape onto the object you
want. Note that the tape will not stick on coarse,
wet, oily, or soiled surfaces. Also, you should not
try to use the tape where it is exposed to direct
sunlight or rain. Do not stick the tape onto hu-
• An easy way to remove the backing from a tape
and expose the adhesive surface is to bend the
tape near one of its ends. This should cause the
tape and its backing to separate, allowing you to
pull them apart.
The stamp printing feature lets you print on special stamp tape. You can then
attach the finished stamp tape to an optionally available stamp holder to create
your own original pre-inked stamps. The following is the type of stamp holder
currently available for use with stamp tapes.
Note the following important points about stamp printing.
• Stamp printing prints text in mirror image.
• Stamp printing is impossible while 6mm is specified as the tape width.
• An error message (ERR!) appears on the display and the Label Printer refuses
to print whenever you try to print text that is longer than the maximum length
cut the tape.
Maximum Stamp Size