KL-100 User’s Guide...
Important Safety Precautions Note of the following safety precautions before using the label printer for the first time. Keep these safety precautions and operating instructions on hand for future reference. About safety precaution symbols The following symbols are used in this manual and on the product itself to alert you and others to the risk of personal and material injury.
• Never mix batteries of different types. • Never mix new batteries and dead batteries. • Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use KL-100 for a long time. • Use only the battery type specified for this label printer in this manual.
• Text memory You can even use tapes with optionally available holders to create your own stamps. All of this makes the CASIO label Printer the perfect tool for just about all of your labeling needs! Important! • Contact a nearby dealer whenever you require servicing.
This part of the manual provides you with important information you need to know in order to use the Label Printer to its full potential. Be sure to read it carefully before using the Label Printer for the first time.
To remove the strap, reverse the procedure shown in the illustration. • Be sure to always hold on to the Label Printer itself when carrying it. Never allow the Label Printer to hang or swing from the strap. Doing so creates the danger of the Label Printer being damaged by surrounding objects or possibly causing injury to yourself or others.
• Never mix batteries of different types • Never leave dead batteries in the Label Printer. • Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the Label Printer for a long time. • Replace the batteries in accordance with the battery life marked on the side of the battery.
Note the following important precautions when using an AC adaptor to power your Label Printer. • Use only a genuine CASIO AD-A95100 AC adaptor with the same voltage rating as the household current in your area. Using a wrong adaptor can damage your Label Printer.
Trying to do so can cause opera- tional problems with the Label Printer. • The following are the tape widths that can be used with this printer: 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm.
All letters you input in the caps mode are upper-case. When the caps mode indicator is not shown on the display, all letters are input as lower-case. Stamp printing indicator Note that the Label Printer stays in the caps mode until you press the CAPS key again. Mirror image...
• Manual feed indicator This indicator appears when you are using manual feed instead of auto feed. Auto feed is in effect when this indicator is not on the display. Important! • After you finish printing when using manual feed, be sure to always press FUNCTION and then PRINT (FEED) to feed the tape before cutting it.
3. After you underline the symbol you want, press SET. • This returns to the input screen, with the symbol you selected input at the location where the cur- sor was located when you displayed the symbol list. Part 4 Deleting and Inserting Characters This section describes everything you need to know about deleting and editing characters you have already input.
• Any character size specification you make is applied to all the characters on the display. You cannot make multiple specifications for specific characters. • The Label Printer automatically adjusts the character size whenever you in- put a B symbol to create a 2-line label as shown below.
4. When the character size you want to specify is on the display, press SET to select it and return to the text display. Note • You could also perform the above procedure in reverse, specifying the char- acter size first and then inputting the text. Text Effects There are three text effects that you can assign: shading, underlining, and boxed text.
• During printing at very high density, printing of very long text, or repeat print- ing of the same text a number of times, the Label Printer may stop printing for about five seconds. This is not a malfunction, and normal printing should resume shortly (indicated by the message “P R N T”...
3. Press SET to print the stamp tape or ESC to abort the print operation and return to the text input display in step 1. • After the printing is complete, the Label Printer returns to the input display in step 1.
Auto Feed You can turn the Label Printer’s auto feed feature on and off. When auto feed is on, the Label Printer automatically feeds the tape about 17.1mm at the begin- ning and end of each print operation. This creates identical margins on both sides of your text.
Example: To recall the contents of Area 2 while memory contains the following text. Area 1: ABCDEFG Area 2: CASIO 1. While the input screen is on the display, press FUNCTION and then 1 (MEMO). • Note that text recalled from memory will replace any text currently on the display.
Cleaning the Printer Head and Roller A dirty printer head and roller can result in poor printing quality. If you have problems with print quality, use the following procedure to clean the printer head and roller.
Action Input the text you want to print. Printing is blurred, blotched, broken, etc. Action Adjust the print density setting. Remove the tape cartridge and reload it cor- rectly. Clean the printer head and roller. E-19...
Be sure to press the FEED key before perform- manual tape feed. ing the tape cut operation. Important! When the printer is set up for manual tape feed, the tape is not fed automatically after printing is complete. Out of tape Replace the tape cartridge with a new one.
• Change the tape width setting to OFF and try printing the stamp again. • Delete text from one of the text memory areas and then store the new text. • Replace batteries. • Initialize the Label Printer. E-21...
Specifications Model: KL-100 Input Keyboard Layout: Typewriter (QWERTY) Character Types Alpha (English and other languages): 64 Numbers: 10 Symbols: 41 Display Type: Liquid crystal display Columns: 4 Character matrix: 5×7-dot Printing Type: Thermal transfer Speed: Approximately 6.76mm/second Width: 4mm (6mm tape) or 8mm (9mm, 12mm and 18mm tapes) Character Matrix: 48×48-dot...
CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan...