Installation of the Mediamaster
The Mediamaster box should contain the following items:
• the Mediamaster
• a remote control with 2 AAA batteries
• a SCART cable (fully connected 1.0 metre)
• a mains cable
• an owner's manual with the software license agreement
About the SCART sockets
The rear panel of the Mediamaster contains 2 SCART sockets
(see diagram). When you connect other devices to any of these
sockets, always use fully connected SCART cables (as supplied).
There are "less well specified" SCART cables on the market and
picture quality could be reduced if they are used.
Preparing the remote control
• Remove the cover from the battery compartment at the bot-
tom of the remote control.
• Insert the 2 AAA (1.5 V) batteries, as shown in the diagram.
Make sure that you observe the + and - markings indicated inside.
• Replace the cover.
Connecting the Mediamaster to the dish
If you need to fit the F-connectors onto the cable
• Prepare each end of the cable as shown in the diagram. You
will need to fold back the outer braid (as shown).
• Slide the F-connector onto the cable and then turn it clockwise
until it grips the braid.
• Ensure that 3 mm of the core is protruding from the end of the
Installing the satellite dish
• See the "Fitting instructions provided with your satellite dish"
on how to install the dish.
• Connect the coaxial cable, with the F-connectors fitted, from
the LNB on the satellite dish to the socket marked "AN-
TENNA" on the rear panel of the Mediamaster.
There are many different types of TV/VCR and other equipment
that you can connect to the Mediamaster.
In this manual, you will see some of the most common ways to
connect your equipment.
If you have problems with your connections and need help, please
contact your dealer.