The range hood is designed to remove smoke, cooking vapors
and odors from the cooktop area. For best results, start the hood
before cooking and allow it to operate several minutes after the
cooking is complete to clear all smoke and odors from the
The hood controls are located on the front panel on the right side
of the range hood.
A. Grease filter
B. Grease filter handle
C. Blower and light controls
D. Incandescent lamp housings
IMPORTANT: Clean the hood and grease filters frequently
according to the following instructions. Replace grease filters
before operating hood.
To avoid damage to the exterior surface, do not use steel wool or
soap-filled scouring pads.
Always wipe dry to avoid water marks.
Liquid detergent soap and water, or all-purpose cleanser
Wipe with damp soft cloth or nonabrasive sponge, then rinse
with clean water and wipe dry.
Metal Grease Filter:
1. Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and
then pulling down the filter.
A. Spring release handle
2. Wash metal filters as needed in dishwasher or hot detergent
RANGE HOOD USE
RANGE HOOD CARE
Range Hood Controls
A. On/Off light button
B. Blower off and speed minimum button
C. Blower speed medium button
D. Blower speed maximum button
Operating the light
The On/Off light button controls both lights. Press once for On
and again for Off.
Operating the blower
The BLOWER SPEED buttons turn the blower on and control the
blower speed and sound level for quiet operation. The speed can
be changed anytime during fan operation by pressing the desired
blower speed button.
Press the BLOWER OFF button a second time to turn the blower
3. Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles
are toward the front. Insert aluminum filter into upper track.
4. Push in spring release handle.
5. Push up on metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the other filter.
Non-Vented (recirculating) Installation Filters:
The charcoal filter is not washable. It should last up to 6 months
with normal use. Replace with Charcoal Filter Kit. See the
"Assistance or Service" section for information on ordering.
To replace charcoal filter:
1. Remove metal grease filter from range hood. See "Metal
Grease Filter" in this section.
2. Bend spring clips away from metal grease filter.
3. Place charcoal filter into top side of metal filter.