Cleaning Your Air Conditioner
Proper use and care of your air conditioner will
help ensure longer life of the unit and lower
operating costs. Follow these instructions
carefully. Call your authorized servicing dealer for
an annual checkup.
Cleaning front panel and air filter
Unplug power cord from outlet before
Use only nonflammable
Failure to follow these instructions
result in death, explosion,
fire, or electrical
1. Unplug power cord.
2. Remove the front panel from unit for clean-
ing. Press down at top of front panel to
release it from top of cabinet. Watch out for
the sharp metal fins on the front and rear
3. Pull top of front panel toward you.
4. Lift up and away from bottom spring clips.
5. Remove filter from front panel by removing
elastic band which holds it in place.
6. Clean filter by using a vacuum cleaner or,
if very dirty, wash filter with warm water
and a mild detergent.
Air dry thoroughly
Do not use a hot air
dryer on filter.
7. Clean front panel using a soft cloth with
warm water and a mild detergent.
8. Replace filter and hold it in place with
9. Wipe control panel clean with a soft, dry cloth.
10. Replace front panel. Locate bottom of panel
on the spring clips. Press down on top edge
of front panel and push front toward unit to
secure upper tabs.
11. Reconnect power supply.